Saturday, July 6, 2013

Carteret Contemporary Art Show, Beaufort Home Tour a success- Back to work

Thanks so much to all that came by the studio and went to Carteret Contemporary to see the show with Kevin Aita.  Next event, October- and a solo show at Adam Cave Fine Art, on the horizon.
 I've been back working on my watercolors over the past week, but something just hasn't felt right. I realized paper is very important in creating a watercolor! After completing 5 or 6 paintings that I was unhappy with, using an Arches paper (not the block), I went back and got the Strathmore Windpower pad I am used to. This particular Arches seems to be too absorbent, but is a great weight. It is also rough! Don't get me wrong, I use a block that is tremendous, just can't figure out this one. I guess I prefer what I've grown accustomed to. Hope that solves it, we'll know the next session...
Here are a few... sinky inny ones. 2 site pieces and 2 done while hanging with my new artist son, Ollie.



And here is what he is doing... Scott Wood "sharing" the ball with CJ Leslie(who prob wishes he was still at NCSU)- who is 
dunking over a Tar Heel.  GO STATE!


2 comments:

  1. These are really fresh and loose! Really love the second one down. Nice sense of atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justin! Just did 3 today, back with the old, Strathmore windpower paper. Interesting feeling the different working qualities of each.

      Delete